What to expect
Often we equal counselling therapy to mental illnesses, however, while therapy does help to treat psychological disorders, it can also benefit those who are going through some rough times or would like to address old traumas or fears.
Counselling therapy offers various approaches and techniques to help you to heal past childhood traumas, abuse or neglect; reduce anxiety and PTSD symptoms due to recent traumas and injuries; improve relationships and deeper intimacy with loved ones; become more confident or authentic and develop a better sense of wellbeing.
Unfortunately, often we can not make significant sustainable changes on a conscious level, a deeper exploration and more radical approaches are needed.
If you are facing a life-challenging event, want to work on your childhood trauma, deal with depression or anxiety, or seek personal growth and greater self-awareness I will support you in finding solutions that work for you.
Therapies and Modalities
Incident and Childhood Traumas, PTSD, Negative Throughts, Self-Esteem
I can meet you In person in Pitt Meadows, Vancouver or Surrey. Our therapy sessions are not limited to a counselling office. If the weather permits, we can take it outside to the nearest park and do either 'Walk & Talk' or 'Sit & Talk' therapy, whatever you feel more comfortable with. I also offer online counselling done through video conferencing
My regular rate are $120 + GST per 50 min individual session and $140 + GSTcouple's session. I also offer a package with 10% discount for 6 sessions and more. Please ask about sliding scale options (lmited amount available to those in need). $180 + GST per 90 Min couples counselling session
Registered Clinical Counsellors (RCC) services are not covered by MSP, however, they might be covered by your extended health care plan.
The issues that can be resolved during counselling therapy
- Get a relief from worries and anxiety. You will stop those ruminating destructive thoughts and calm your mind
- Feel more relaxed, will be able to sleep better and have more energy during the day
- Feel more positive towards yourself, reduce self-doubts and unhealthy guilt and shame
- Get more comfortable in your own skin. You will increase your feelings of self-worth and improve self-esteem
- Work through past traumas that still show up in your present
- Feel more joy and be able to laugh more and express yourself more authentically
- Have a better and deeper connection in your relationships. You will be able to express your needs better and get heard